Weddings have come a long way from the classic and traditional white wedding gowns. Bridal Fashion Bridal Fashion Week in NYC always does a fantastic job showcasing the wedding season’s upcoming trends, and this year was no different! Here is a glimpse of what to expect for wedding season 2015! The images were taken by the team at Weddington Way, an online boutique offering bridesmaid dresses that could compliment any of these amazing gowns.
- All white gowns are a thing of the past! This year it is all about colored dresses; from pale pinks to light blues and even floral prints. We even saw some two toned dresses hitting the runway!
- Pastel colors, muted tones, and neutrals not your style? How about a Rock n’ Roll inspired wedding dress? This season, boho favorite Claire Pettibone and acclaimed newcomer Houghton both showcased drop dead gorgeous styles in fun, cool, and (actually) wearable silhouettes.
- Have a bit of a daring side? Lace, tulle, and feathers are the fabrics to be on the lookout for! We saw some amazing dresses using multiple fabrics on one dress to create stunning looks. In addition to these newer trending fabrics, we saw recurring silhouettes like illusion sleeves, low backs and even deep V-necks.
- One trend making its comeback this year is long trains. Brides are making their statements this season by embracing the drama of a cathedral train, and we absolutely love it.
- Other brides are looking for that “bling”! Many dresses were inspired by Lupita’s epic (stolen & returned) Oscar dress and Kim Kardashian’s 15 carat engagement ring to really stand out among the crowd.
- Some of our favorite designers from Bridal Fashion Week were Alice Temperley, Watters, Monique Lhuillier, Claire Pettibone, Galia Lahav, and Lela Rose. Attached are some of the great exclusive images we were able to capture.