"Some Bunny Loves You" quilted table runner pattern was originally made for a babies bedroom as a wall hanging. By the way, it looks adorable in a baby's bedroom. However, whenever I pull it out I get comments like, "That would be a great Easter table runner." So whether you want to dress up an Easter party, baby shower party or a babies bedroom this is a hit. You can download this PDF table runner pattern or wall hanging pattern HERE at Parties and Patterns.
These Decorated Easter Eggs are a nice compliment to the bunny theme. Visit us at our BLOG for more ideas.
What you will need:
One small box (or 12 oz.) box rice krispie cereal
Two bags (10.5 oz.) marshmallows
3/4 cup butter
Candy Melt, white chocolate
Putting The Eggs Together:
1. Over low heat melt the butter and marshmallows in a large heavy pan. Remove from heat and add the rice krispies stirring until evenly coated. Immediately form into egg shapes.
2. Cut egg carton into individual egg cups.
3. Fill microwave safe mugs (one per color) 3/4's full with candy melt and 2 tbsp. shortening. Heat in microwave on low seating for one minute. Stir. Heat an extra 30 seconds if not all the way melted. Add food coloring until you get the color desired.
4. Dip top half of each egg in colored candy melt. Let cool and harden for a few minutes.
5. In the meantime scoop remaining candy melt in squeeze bottles. (Squeeze bottles can be purchased in cake decorating section of local store). Do not let the candy melt harden in the bottles. To keep candy melt at a decorating consistency keep squeeze bottles in a pan of hot water or microwave for 15 seconds. (Be careful, the squeeze bottles will melt.)
6. Have fun decorating your eggs with remaining candy melt, coconut and sprinkles. Kids love to decorate these eggs. Before you let the kids help have the eggs made and dipped.