Patty was looking forward to her upcoming fall wedding the day before Valentine's Day. She and her betrothed had been having a long distance romance for many months. Just as she was packing to jump on the Texas bus, Southwest Airlines, she got a call: don't come, I'm breaking up with you.
It was Friday, the 13th. What fool breaks up with his fiance the day before Valentine's, which also falls on such a superstitious date? Apparently, the fool Patty was engaged to.
After a couple of weeks of crying and hiding, we were able to pry Patty out for an evening out. The Cielo Boutique was hosting an evening of art and jazz. The Cielo Boutique just happens to owned by the wife of a member of the NBA Spurs so the celebrity factor was certainly draw enough to get her out of the house. Dressed to kill, she found herself having fun and we knew just what we could do for her: throw a break up party and soon.
Guest list. Send-o-matic online invite. Champange and break up cake. Pin The Tail On The Jackass. Tarot Reader. Lip balm party favor in Dirty Bastard (see below). Patty back to laughing with her friends. Wah-lah.
Shannon Moakler with her break up cake photo: Denise Truscello
Christine Gallager shared an idea we are co-opting for Patty's party - serve food proven to boost sexual energy. Things like oysters and shrimp and of course, chocolate.
Ciopinno from Simply Recipes.
Our signature libation for the evening...
1 1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz blackberry brandy
1 squeeze limes
Pour vodka, brandy and cranberry juice (to taste) into an ice-filled highball glass. Add one squeeze of lime, and serve. Cocktail.com
Nzgirl.com come recommends this playlist for the Ultimate Break Up CD
1. Gloria Gaynor- I Will Survive!
2. Amiel- Lovesong
3. Blink 182- Dammit
4. Tyrese- How you Gonna Act Like That?
5. Mariah Carey- Always be my Baby
6. Bonnie Tyler- Total Eclipse of the Heart
7. Daniel Beddingfield- Gotta Get Through This
8. Goldfinger- Counting the Days
9. No Doubt- Don’t Speak
10. Amanda Perez- Angel
11. Christina Aguilera- Fighter
12. Dido- See You When You’re 40
13. Michelle Branch- Goodbye to You.
14. Toni Braxton- He Wasn’t Man Enough for Me
15. Sozzi- Letting Go
16. Dashboard Confessionals- Screaming Infidelities
17. Incubus-I Miss You
18. Three Days Grace – I Hate Everything About You
19. Dido- Whiteflag
20. Brooke Fraser- Reverie
21. Pink- There You Go
22. Isyss- Single for the Rest of my Life
23. Greenday- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
24. Tracey Chapman- Promise
"Bury the past and move on to a new tomorrow." WeddingRingCoffin.com
"You start a marriage with champagne and cake. Finish it that way, too." Patti to Frances in Under A Tuscan Sun.