Don't spend hours cleaning your house before your party. Clean the big items within the week prior to the big day and just do a speed clean minutes before the guests arrive. Here is a how-to guide that shouldn't take you more than 1 hour:
- Wipe sink, mirrors, counter tops, shower doors, toilet seats. I like to use a glass cleaner that smells good. It makes the room smell clean even if you only used it on one spot.
- Squirt and brush out bowl.
- Make sure there is soap in dispenser and lots of easily accessible TP for guests.
- Make bed.
- Put clothes and books out of sight.
- Dust off night tables and electronics.
- Do dishes, dry dishes, put dishes away.
- Wipe down sink, stove, counter tops, faces of microwaves & ovens.
- Sweep floor.
- Wipe phone receiver with nice smelling cleaner.
- Pick up visible floor lint with handheld vacuum or fingers.
- Fluff cushions and fold (or hide) throws.
- Wipe off tabletops.
- Straighten books and magazines.
- Throw out newspapers.
- Hide all other junk.
- Hide tools & roll up hoses.
- If you have a garden in-progress, throw fresh soil on empty garden spaces. It is amazing what a nice layer of fresh garden soil does for your garden's appearance.
- Sweep leaves off patio/deck.
- If you can, close doors to discourage entry.
- Tidy up paper piles, or better yet, hide them away.
- Dust counter tops.
- Make sure floor is clean.
This quick cleaning will make your home inviting to your guests. Little will they know that it took you very little time! You will also have enough energy to enjoy your fantastic party.