The heat is on... So make sure your guests stay cool or they will be quick to depart in their air-conditioned cars.
• Have plenty of water, both flat and sparkling, on hand. Spice up your offerings by adding cucumbers or lemons to your water pitcher a few hours in advance.
• Provide plenty of shade. Arrange chairs under trees, umbrellas or overhangs. Consider providing guests with parasols and/or small fans if you require them to be in the sun for any amount of time.
• For a casual party, a blow up pool for wading while cocktailing is always fun.
• Serve cool foods, like cold salads, meats, soups, popsicles and…
• Ice cream sandwiches! Martha Stewart does it right the old fashioned way if you’re up for the work. Or, you can simply scoop some slightly melted ice cream between two of your favorite bakery bought cookies, re-freeze and serve. Vanilla wafers and sherbet also make pretty little sandwiches if the appetites are smaller.