Now that I am a mother, Mother’s Day has taken on a whole new importance. The official date is just about two weeks away, May 14, but this doesn’t mean you have to wait to celebrate. It is important to acknowledge all of the mothers in your life. Let your friends that are mothers know that you appreciate what they do each day. Let the people that have stepped in to “mother” you know that you are grateful for their support. And let your own mother know that you love her. Here are some simple ways to say happy Mother’s Day:
- Gather the mothers in your life for champagne, cheese, chocolate, manicures and pedicures. Create a spa party at home or talk to a local nail salon about helping you host. Sip, paint and toast one another. No kids allowed. Here is the perfect invitation.
- Plan a surprise picnic . On a sunny day, hike to a place with a view and then lay out the gourmet goodies. Consider including others, such as siblings, children or spouses.
- Give mom a break by preparing meals for a week and freezing them. Seven evenings of pure relaxation and no plane fare involved.
- Surprise mom with breakfast in bed and a note that announces a babysitter for the day. While she sips coffee from her pillow, she can plan out what she will do with the next eight hours. Don’t be surprised if she goes back to sleep for a while.
- Arrange for mom to have a night out with all the trimmings… a new haircut, a new outfit, a ride and a great place for dinner.
- Write mom a letter telling her what you love about her, what you have learned from her, how she inspires you.