It seems spring is the season of brunch. Holidays, skirts, espadrilles and sunny weather make us want to gather and celebrate early in the day. So, it is now that I pass along to you our family brunch recipe… so easy, make ahead, and always a crowd pleaser. We call it Florence’s Eggs because it was Florence’s recipe but none of us can quite put a finger on who knew Florence. Oh well.
FLORENCE’S OVERNIGHT EGGS
- Grease 3 quart glass baking dish.
- Cube 1 ½ lbs cheddar cheese and 9 slices white Pepperidge Farm like bread(no crusts).
- Alternate layers of cheese and bread in baking dish.
- Beat Together:
4 cups milk
2-3 Tablespoons sherry
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dry mustard
5. Pour milk & egg mixture over bread and cheese.
6. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Bake 1 ½ to 1 ¾ hours at 350 degrees.
Serve with fruit salad and mimosas.